About This Project
Hello - I’m Nitya! 👋🏽
This blog documents my learning journey into all things related to cross-browser testing, test automation and end-to-end testing for web and multi-platform apps using the Playwright framework and tooling ecosystem.
I’m kicking things off in Dec 2021 with a #30DaysOfPlaywright content series where I’ll everything from core testing concepts, to Playwright tools, APIs & best practices for end-to-end testing of modern web applications.
My #30DaysOfPlaywright Quickstart
Humans learn best when we have urgency, repetition and association in our learning process. Doing something focused over a non-trivial period of time (like #30Days) can help. So I planned a #30DaysOfPlaywright activity with these learning goals in mind:
- Learn core concepts and best practices for end-to-end testing (general)
- Learn the features, tools and API in the Playwright framework (specific)
- Explore Playwright APIs in depth - understand capabilities & usage.
- Explore Playwright Test runner - integration workflows & automation.
- Explore Playwright Tools - for debugging and performance analysis.
- Understand Testing Best Practices - testing scripts & app scenarios.
The list below provides a tentative schedule for topics - check back for updates with links to blog posts as they are published.
- Day #00 - Hello, #30DaysOfPlaywright
- Day #01 - Getting Started - Part 1
- Day #02 - Getting Started - Part 2
- Day #03 - Playwright + Azure Static Web Apps
- Day #04 - Tool Talk: Trace Viewer
- Day #05 - Tool Talk: Command Line
- Day #06 - Tool Talk: Codegen
I’ll share key learning resources in each blog post - and compile them here into one collection for easy reference as I progress.
I’m currently a Senior Cloud Advocate for Microsoft Azure, helping mobile and web developers translate their awareness of Cloud and AI technologies into actionable learning and impact on software and product development.
I am also a Visual Storyteller promoting visual literacy skills to support technology learning and content creation. Check out #VisualizeIT for free workshops, visit my blog for details and follow @SketchTheDocs for updates.